JEA Senior Living Medication Aide in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who are We?
Barathaven Alzheimer's Special Care Center, a JEA Senior Living (https://www.jeaseniorliving.com/) community and certified Great Place to Work (https://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/7011873), is an established and dedicated memory care community, where every team member takes great pride and responsibility in creating Meaningful Moments for our residents. We strive to make each resident interaction positive, meaningful and unique to them. Through an in-depth understanding of our resident’s life stories, we are able to Honor their Experience of Aging and create an environment that feels just like home.
If you are interested in building your health care career, providing holistic care for our residents and their families, and would like to see what Barathaven has to offer, apply online and join our amazing team.
Certified by our employees as a Great Place To Work 2020 (https://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/7011873) for our 2nd Year in a row! 89% of our associates shared “My work has special meaning; this is not “just a job.”86% of our associates shared "I feel I make a difference here"85% of our associates shared "When I look at what I accomplish, I feel a sense of pride"84% of our associates shared "When you join the company, you are made to feel welcome"
Apply via our Indeed ad or Visit our JEA Senior Living Careers Page (https://jeaseniorliving.hcshiring.com/jobs?openOnly=true) to see other available opportunities.
Watch our Video (https://vimeo.com/246856883) or visit us on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/jea-senior-living) and Glassdoor (https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-JEA-Senior-Living-EI_IE696136.11,28.htm) to learn more about JEA Senior Living and what it's like to work with us.
Questions about the application process? Come visit us and our staff will be happy to assist you.
1030 Barathaven Blvd (https://www.google.com/maps/place/1030+Barathaven+Blvd,+Dardenne+Prairie,+MO+63368/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x87ded22225643c1b:0x4387fa8795f47e58?sa=Xved=2ahUKEwiymYm85pLoAhXRvJ4KHfBDAxUQ8gEwAHoECAsQAQ)
Dardenne Prairie, MO 63368 (https://www.google.com/maps/place/1030+Barathaven+Blvd,+Dardenne+Prairie,+MO+63368/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x87ded22225643c1b:0x4387fa8795f47e58?sa=Xved=2ahUKEwiymYm85pLoAhXRvJ4KHfBDAxUQ8gEwAHoECAsQAQ)
Qualified Candidates for this opening will have a Level 1 Medication Aide (Lima) Certification and or be a Certified Medication Technician (CMT)
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 1 year previous experience as Caregiver for the elderly in a residential or long-term care setting
- Must be able to read, write and speak English to communicate effectively with residents, families, visitors, and other staff members
- Must be able to perform job duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Must complete Medication Aide training (and certification in states where required) Essential Functions:
Provides medication assistance for residents in accordance with state regulations and company policy including; pouring, preparing, assisting with administration, and documentation
- Assists in maintaining the medication cart and storage room in a neat and orderly manner
- Accepts responsibility for accurate medication counts and for security of the medication cart and medication storage room for assigned shifts
- May be called upon to assist residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, eating, transferring, and mobility, as needed
- Engages residents in meaningful conversation, socialization, and activity while providing personal care and medication assistance
- Responds to all resident needs and/or requests for care promptly, and provides or obtains assistance with care as necessary
- Upholds Residents’ Rights at all times
- Supports and upholds all company policies and care philosophy
- Observes residents for changes in physical, emotional, mental, or behavioral condition, unusual symptoms, medication side effects, accidents, injuries, or unusual occurrences, and reports promptly to a licensed nurse
- Completes all documentation such as medication administration records, incident reports, change of condition reports, and behavior tracking, as requested, and in a timely manner
- Assists in the dining room during resident meal times as needed
- Encourages residents to participate in scheduled activities and outings, and provides residents with opportunities for self expression and enhanced self esteem through spontaneous individual or small group interaction and activity
- May be called upon to assist with Caregiver housekeeping responsibilities.