SSM Health RN - Behavioral Health in Mexico, Missouri
The Registered Nurse is responsible for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care and is accountable for the outcome of such care. Directs/oversees other licensed and unlicensed staff in the provision of patient care.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to function effectively in stressful situations. Awareness of changing trends in nursing practice and ability to adapt, including knowledge of Missouri Nurse Practice Act. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing. Ability and willingness to rotate shifts and adjust to necessary schedule changes. Ability to work under supervision as well as ability to oversee others.
- Initiates accurate and ongoing assessments of the patient's physical, psychological, and social problems for the patient’s chief or presenting complaint within the emergency care system.
- Analyzes ongoing assessment data to formulate nursing diagnoses, identifies collaborative problems and formulates a plan of care and interventions to attain expected and desired outcomes.
- Professionally communicates the patient condition, changes in this condition, and expected outcomes to other health care providers; when appropriate the patient’s significant others is included in these communications.
- Demonstrates consistent use and compliance of written protocols and procedures including restraints, conscious sedation, medication administration, and documentation; demonstrates sound judgment in emergent and routine situations. Implements a plan of care individualized for each patient based on ongoing assessments, responses to interventions, and expected / desired outcomes.
- Demonstrates competency in emergency nursing procedures, consistently utilizing patient identification, patient monitoring, and appropriate documentation in accordance to the patient’s condition and departmental standards. Nurse will continually utilizes systemic and ongoing evaluation of the patient’s responses to interventions, determining progress toward resolution of immediate and long term goals and patient needs.
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing School
- Current Missouri license as a Registered Nurse or Graduate Nurse eligible to take State Board exam for first time; license required within 3 months of graduation
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare provider certification/card or must obtain within 3 months of hire. ACLS, PALS and CPI required within 6 months of hire.
- ICS-100 and 700 training required within 3 months of hire. Current employees must obtain TNCC by 12/1/2016. New hires and transfers to the department must obtain TNCC within one (1) year of hire in the department
- Prefer experience in acute or sub- acute healthcare setting
About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain opened in 1918 as Audrain Medical Center. Today, the 89-bed community hospital offers a range of services including emergency care, cardiology services, medical imaging, men's health services, women and child services, and diabetes education. The hospital features the J.B. & Greta B. Arthur Cancer Center, the Jordan-Waters Heart Center and Healthworks Rehabilitation services.
Req ID: 18010912
Primary Location: Missouri-Mexico-SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – Audrain
SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – Audrain (0025) 620 E. Monroe St. Mexico, 65265
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 65265
Weekend Rotation: Full Time
Normal work hours: Nursing
Job: SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – Audrain
Organization: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – Audrain (0025) 620 E. Monroe St. Mexico, 65265