St. Mary's Good Samaritan Patient Access Representative - Audrain in Mexico, Missouri
This position is responsible for assisting patients during the onsite registration and arrival processes for scheduled and unscheduled visits, and insurance verification for walk-in visits as necessary.
- Completes patient access process for inpatients and outpatients.
- Takes demographic, insurance and medical information.
- Assigns account numbers.
- Ensures managed care requirements are met and complies with regulatory guidelines.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Medical terminology is preferred
Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 2 hours a day
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 4 hours a day
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper operation
SSM Health - System Office –
SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company. __
*Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God. *
Organization: SSM Health - System Office
Primary Location: Missouri-Mexico-SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – Audrain
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – Audrain (0025) 620 E. Monroe St. Mexico, 65265
Job: Clerical & Customer Service
Req ID: 19509618