SSM Health Mental Health Technician in Mexico, Missouri
Responsible for the provision of patient care activities and related non-professional services necessary for the care of the patients and the maintenance of the nursing unit under the direction of a licensed nurse including providing personal care, taking vital signs, and documenting, performing clerical duties, reception duties, requisitioning of supplies, and other duties as directed.
- Demonstrates and maintains knowledge and skills necessary to care for the patient group of Adult and Geriatric.
- Takes vital signs, assists patients with activities and transports patients as required.
- Reports observation regarding patient needs to the nurse.
- Documents patient care activities: 1. In a legible manner; 2. According to form guidelines; 3. Using appropriate forms; 4. Content reflects patient condition; 5. 15 minute checks.
- Assembles charts.
- Supports and maintains patient rights.
- Displays a supportive and caring attitude with patients.
- Confronts, redirects or consequences patients in a nonreactive, nonjudgmental manner.
- Provides activities within the guidelines of the patient’s treatment plan.
- Establishes and maintains therapeutic relationships with patients.
- Reinforces positive behavior.
- High School diploma or GED
- Current Missouri CNA license or have completed Fundamentals of Nursing or EMT.
- Ability to lift and ambulate patient. Knowledge of and / or sincere interest in hospital work and patient care.
- Willingness and ability to complete SMHC Mental Health Technician / Clerical Associate Orientation.
- Ability and willingness to rotate shifts and adjust to necessary schedule changes.
- Ability to work under emotional and physical stress.
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Audrain
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain opened in 1918 as Audrain Medical Center. Today, the 89-bed community hospital offers a range of services including emergency care, cardiology services, medical imaging, men's health services, women and child services, and diabetes education. The hospital features the J.B. & Greta B. Arthur Cancer Center, the Jordan-Waters Heart Center and Healthworks Rehabilitation services.
Req ID: 18003457
Primary Location: Missouri-Mexico-SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – Audrain
SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – Audrain (0025) 620 E. Monroe St. Mexico, 65265
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 65265
Weekend Rotation: Full Time, 12 Hour Day, Nights, Rotating Weekends
Normal work hours: Clinical Support & Technical Services
Job: SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – Audrain
Organization: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – Audrain (0025) 620 E. Monroe St. Mexico, 65265