HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registrar in Lees Summit, Missouri
HCA has been recognized as a/World’s Most Admired Company/in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry byFortune Magazine.The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCAoperates and jointly owns with physicians 130 surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means* no nights, no weekends, or on-callwill be required.*The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team! __
A few of the benefits we provide you: * Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Program * Full Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision Insurance * 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure) * New Extended Family Leave and PTO * Employee Stock Purchase Plan * Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts * Employee Discount Program General summary of duties: Contributes to the company by ensuring that patients are admitted efficiently, courteously, and in a timely manner. This includes providing accurate demographic and insurance information to ensure accurate coding, billing, and claims submission.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Responsible for accurately performing all functions of patient admissions, including reviewing all information with patient, completing appropriate forms, and copying appropriate insurance cards and photo identification.
- Collects and documents all collections actions for patient co-payment and deductibles at the time of service as applicable and issues appropriate payment receipts.
- Performs routine clerical and administrative functions, including answering incoming phone calls.
- Prepares patient charts and pulls previous medical records if applicable. Collects and delivers charts when requested.
- Performs insurance verification when necessary.
- Manages the reception area and greets patients and family members in a professional manner. We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*EXPERIENCE: *Minimum (1) year of experience in a medical office setting highly preferred. (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital, doctors office) preferred.
*CERTIFICATE/LICENSE: *Basic Life Support (BLS) may be required as per facility standard.
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Location: Missouri-Lees Summit-Midwest Pain Management Center
Requisition ID: 26660-1917