HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse Ortho Neuro Spine in Lees Summit, Missouri
This is a PRN position. * * Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as an Orthopedic and Spine Registered Nurse today withLee's Summit Medical Center.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse for our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
The Life of an HCA Nurse
The Orthopedic and Spine nurse works closely with the patient, their family, and the orthopedic team to ensure clear client education, a smooth recovery, and minimal complications. An orthopedic nurse spends time encouraging patients to increase their mobility, educates about how to protect their joint and bone health, and implements strategies to minimize their pain and complications.
About this unit:
- 16 Bed Unit; 1:5 Nurse to Patient ratio
- Patient population includes Orthopedic, Neuro, Spine, GYN Surgeries, bladder spleens, hysterectomies, general surgeries, gall bladders, urinary stint placements, and more
- Joint Commissioned Certified for Total Hip and Knee
- Amazing Team environment promoting positivity and accountability
- Opportunity for Certification in Orthopedics after 2 years; Opportunity to sit in on surgeries with physicians *Responsibilities:*
- Under the general direction of the Director, Manager or Nurse Manager, Registered Nurse (RN) coordinates and provides patient care and assumes individual responsibility and accountability for the provision of nursing care.
Registered Nurse (RN) provides nursing care is in accordance with hospital policies and procedures, applicable state Nursing Practice Acts, ANA Standards of Practice and the generic and unit structure standards.
A.D.N or BSN degree preferred.
- Must have a current MO RN license upon hire or a current multistate RN license. If only a multistate RN license is provided upon hire, a MO RN license will be required within 90 days of employment.
- BLS certification required upon hire and maintained.
- ACLS certification required within 6 months of hire.
- NIH Stroke Scale certification required within 90 days of hire and annually within the fiscal year. Shall document a minimum of eight (8) hours of cerebrovascular (stroke) related continuing nursing education per fiscal year.
_Lee’s Summit Medical Center_serves Lee’s Summit, Missouri, and surrounding areas. The 80 -bed advanced technology facility is both a Joint Commission Chest Pain Certified Hospital and a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center. LSMC is an affiliate of HCA Healthcare. Additional features include: * Emergency Department with 14 private treatment rooms; * Orthopedic and Spine Center, * Level II stroke designation * Cardiovascular services with a cardiac catheterization lab, cardiac rehabilitation, vascular surgery and more; * Rehabilitation services with physical, occupational and speech therapy and sports medicine; * Women’s services; * Surgical service, including bariatrics, orthopedics, colorectal and robotic assisted procedures; imaging services; * The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Lee's Summit Medical Center. HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse Ortho Neuro Spine
Location: Missouri-Lees Summit-Lee%27s Summit Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09724-64421