HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Phlebotomist in Lees Summit, Missouri
Do you have the career opportunities as a Phlebotomist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to joinLee's Summit Medical Centera facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At LSMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with someunique benefitsincluding: o Paid Personal Leave o 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) o Identity Theft Protection discounts o Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options o Adoption Assistance o Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) Our Mission and Values Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Phlebotomist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your nextopportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Accurate phlebotomy work is essential to ensure patients get the right diagnoses and treatments. Phlebotomists must carefully identify patients, label bloodwork and appropriately fil out required paperwork. They must also understand what is required for each ordered blood test to ensure patients don’t have to return for secondary blood draws and receive accurate results the first time. * * About this unit: * Supportive and Collaborative Team environment * Work with a variety of hospital staff, including Nurses, PCTs, Lab Professionals, Physicians and more. * * Responsibilities: * Under the direct supervision of the Director/Section Manager/Coordinator/Operations Manager/Lead Technologist/Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Technician performs pre-analytic testing responsibilities including clerical duties, data entry, specimen collection, and specimen processing. * Performs testing on blood and body fluids as defined by CLIA 1988. * Maintains inventory of supplies and reagents. * Maintains non-analytic equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, and centrifuges. * Maintains a safe work area. * Demonstrates professional work habits, positive interpersonal skills and great customer service. * Assist in training new staff as appropriate. * The Lab Technical Assistant collects specimens from birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 to 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older. * Performs other duties as assigned.
- One year experience in a medical laboratory required or college course work in biological/chemical sciences or graduate of phlebotomy course plus 6 months experience or proven skills documented through clinical hours at facility.
- Six months computer keyboarding or equivalent preferred./ / _Lee’s Summit Medical Center_serves Lee’s Summit, Missouri, and surrounding areas. The 80 -bed advanced technology facility is both a Joint Commission Chest Pain Certified Hospital and a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center. LSMC is an affiliate of HCA Healthcare. Additional features include:
- Orthopedic and Spine Center,
- Level II stroke designation
- Cardiovascular services with a cardiac catheterization lab, cardiac rehabilitation, vascular surgery and more;
- Rehabilitation services with physical, occupational and speech therapy and sports medicine;
- Women’s services;
- Surgical service, including bariatrics, orthopedics, colorectal and robotic assisted procedures; imaging services;
- The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Lee's Summit Medical Center.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for ourPhlebotomistopening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Location: Missouri-Lees Summit-Lee%27s Summit Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09724-65140