HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Care Technician Orthopedics in Lees Summit, Missouri
Do you have the career opportunities as a Patient Care Technician you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to joinLee's Summit Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the supportthey need. At LSMC weoffer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
o Student Loan Repayment
o Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
o Paid Personal Leave
o 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
o Identity Theft Protection discounts
o Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
o Adoption Assistance
o Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Great healthcare starts with compassion.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the LSMC family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Patient Care Technician to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
A Patient Care Technician’s main role is to provide basic care to patients, as well as assist them with things they might have trouble with on their own, such as bathing. Because of the personal nature of the job, a Patient Care Technician has strong people skills and the ability to be compassionate and enjoy helping others.
About this unit:
- If you like variety, working as a PCT is for you. Each shift will be exciting, different and challenging!
- As a hands-on caregiver, you are the one who has the privilege of holding a patient’s hand and listening to the person’s life story.
- Orthopedic, Neuro and Spine 16-Bed Unit: 1:8 PCT to Patient Ratio depending on census
- Patient population includes Orthopedic, Neuro, Spine, GYN Surgeries, bladder spleens, hysterectomies, general surgeries, gall bladders, urinary stint placements, and more
Amazing Team environment promoting positivity and accountability
A minimum of a High school diploma or GED required.
- 1 years of experience in an acute care setting, Preferred.
- Missouri Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) License required OR you must be able to attend StarTech PCT Training for 5 weeks (3 weeks of Mon - Fri 8AM - 5PM and 2 weeks of 12 hour shifts - unit training)
- StarTech classes starting on 7/5 and 8/16
- BLS certification required within 60-days of hire
_Lee’s Summit Medical Center_serves Lee’s Summit, Missouri, and surrounding areas. The 80 -bed advanced technology facility is both a Joint Commission Chest Pain Certified Hospital and a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center. LSMC is an affiliate of HCA Healthcare.
Additional features include:
- Emergency Department with 14 private treatment rooms;
- Orthopedic and Spine Center,
- Level II stroke designation
- Cardiovascular services with a cardiac catheterization lab, cardiac rehabilitation, vascular surgery and more;
- Rehabilitation services with physical, occupational and speech therapy and sports medicine;
- Women’s services;
- Surgical service, including bariatrics, orthopedics, colorectal and robotic assisted procedures; imaging services;
- The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Lee's Summit Medical Center.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
/We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Patient Care Technician Orthopedics
Location: Missouri-Lees Summit-Lee%27s Summit Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09724-71441