Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Laboratory Intern in Lee's Summit, Missouri
Viracor Eurofins is dedicated to being the leading specialty diagnostics laboratory partner in immunology, infectious disease, and allergy testing. We offer a range of unique clinical laboratory and biopharmaceutical services and provide exceptional test turnaround times. More than 4,000 healthcare providers, commercial laboratories, and biopharmaceutical companies rely on us for our unique and convenient services.
Viracor Eurofins is searching for a Laboratory Intern in Lee’s Summit, MO.
This is a Part Time position. Schedule is Saturday’s 8:30AM – 5:00PM, with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lee’s Summit, Missouri are encouraged to apply.
_Basic Function and Scope of Responsibility: _
The Laboratory Intern is primarily responsible for performing duties related to accessioning, specimen management, problem resolution, and specimen storage with a high degree of proficiency.
Essential Job Duties:
- Receive incoming shipments and document appropriately
- Examine samples for accuracy and other requirements (sample type, volume, etc.)
- Retrieve and re-file samples for testing
- Properly store specimens for short term and long term storage
- Prepare specimens to be sent out for referral testing
- Aid laboratory personnel in cleaning duties including daily, weekly and monthly maintenance of lab areas and equipment
- Maintain quality control and quality assurance records as required
- Adhere to all quality and safety standards, as well as ensuring compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies
- Adhere to policies and protocols in the lab
- Work closely and communicate with other lab associates to complete daily activities efficiently
- Other duties as assigned by management
Essential Behaviors, Accountabilities and Measures:
- Goal oriented, with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to interact effectively and work efficiently with people at all levels in an organization
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Keenly attentive to detail
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- Represent department and the organization favorably and in accordance with established Company standards and associate attributes at all times
- Identify ways to improve quality, efficiency and productivity through process improvements
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Must be comfortable with raw specimen handling
- Ability to read, interpret, and comply with documents such as internal SOPs, operating and maintenance instructions, and company policies
- Position may require evening and weekend hours
- Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate a keyboard and other office equipment, use a telephone, access file cabinets and other items stored at various levels, including overhead
- Ability to speak and hear well enough to communicate clearly and understandably with sufficient volume to ensure an accurate exchange of information in normal conversational distance, over the telephone, and in a group setting
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time as necessary in the laboratory (4 or more hours)
- Ability to lift and move items weighing up to 15 pounds
- Physical dexterity sufficient to move body frequently around laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- Ability to continuously operate a personal computer for extended periods of time (4 or more hours)
- Mental acuity sufficient to collect and interpret data, evaluate, reason, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make valid judgments and decisions
The essential physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Viracor Eurofins, please visit the following websites http://www.viracor-eurofins.com and www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Organization: Eurofins Viracor, Inc.
Location: MO, Lee's Summit
Job Code: 14488