St. Mary's Good Samaritan Clinical Lab Scientist in Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
Under general supervision, performs and interprets a variety of complex laboratory tests in one or more sections of the laboratory to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patients. Operates and maintains instrumentation according to established procedures and protocols. Serves as a resource
person for other laboratory staff. Assists in maintaining the department in a state of regulatory preparedness.
- Promotes an overall exceptional patient care experience by responding to requests in a timely manner and providing quality laboratory test results and/or services in a professional, supportive environment.
- Contributes to the overall clinical performance through efficient unit operations by following policies and procedures, reporting needed changes, and maintaining accurate documentation related to job duties.
- Promotes exceptional safety and clinical outcomes by complying with procedures, rules and regulations such as infection control policies and procedures, quality control and maintenance procedures and proper patient specimen identification protocol.
- Contributes to the overall employee satisfaction by demonstrating an ownership of our department goals and vision by actively participating in staff meetings, project teams and surveys and offering assistance to others when needed.
- Plays an active role in the financial performance through responsible use of department resources and efficient organization of workload.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and training (Must meet the qualifications for personnel performing high complex testing as outlined in CLIA 88 regulation).
- Medical Technologist by Registry Board of ASCP, NCA or AMT
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – Lake Saint Louis –
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - Lake Saint Louis is the leading provider of health-care services for western St. Charles, Warren and Lincoln counties. The 122-bed hospital is a state-designated Level III trauma center, and specializes in obstetric and pediatric services. It offers emergency services, SSM Health Cancer Care, SSM Health Orthopedics, and SSM Health Pain Care among many other inpatient and outpatient health care services. In 2014, it was named one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics and made Becker's Hospital Review's list of 100 Great Community Hospitals.
*Benefits Statement: *
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Organization: SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – Lake Saint Louis
Primary Location: Missouri-Lake Saint Louis-SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – Lake Saint Louis
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – Lake Saint Louis (0023) 100 Medical Plaza Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Job: Clinical Support & Technical Services
Req ID: 18009061