St. Mary's Good Samaritan Clinical Dietitian - Home Health in Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
Under general supervision, oversees the nutritional care of home care patients which includes approving menus, planning and modified diets, the assessment and documentation of nutritional intake and intervention for patients. Responsible for the delivery of age appropriate nutritional care for assigned adult and geriatric patients with a wide variety of medical surgical conditions.
Oversees the nutritional care of home care patients which includes approving menus, planning and monitoring special diets, the assessment and documentation of nutritional intake, and the use of dietary substitutions.
Communicates with patients and their families to establish the nutritional care plan, and instructs patients and families in nutrition care activities.
Maintains records of all evaluations (initial and on-going), education, and consultation with other members of the health care team. Completes all applicable paperwork according to agency guidelines. Documents all services provided in the patient record utilizing the Home Care progress notes.
Participates in goal setting and monitoring of patient progress from a nutrition care standpoint as part of the health care team.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Food and Nutrition from an accredited school required
- Current Missouri Dietitian license and a driver's record deemed acceptable by SSM required
- Valid driver's license
- Must maintain and be able to produce proof of current auto insurance with at least state required minimum coverage
- Must have demonstrated ability to operate a vehicle in a safe and lawful manner
- 3+ years of experience required
- Registration by the Commission Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills to communicate with staff, patients and their families in a caring, courteous and professional manner, and the ability to function as a team member
- Good decision making and problem solving skills
*SSM Health at Home – *
SSM Health at Home offers highly skilled and experienced caregivers to help patients through difficult times. Services include extended at-home care, help managing pain or special support during terminal illnesses. SSM Health at Home is located in Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma.
Organization: SSM Health at Home
Primary Location: Missouri-Lake Saint Louis-SSM Health at Home - Lake St. Louis - MO FIELD
Work Locations: SSM Health at Home - Lake St. Louis - MO FIELD (0114.16), 63367-1479
Job: Professional Services
Req ID: 18009701