Tri-County Mental Health Services Youth Crisis QMHP in Kansas City, Missouri
Youth Crisis QMHP
Title: Youth Crisis QMHP
Department: Youth Crisis Services
Salary Range: N/A
Employment Status: Full-time
Provides direct clinical crisis intervention, assessment and referrals of at-risk youth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provides crisis assessment and referral, crisis face-to-face or phone calls.
• Provides care coordination with hospitals and other treatment providers.
• Collaborates with community partners to build relationships to support needs of at risk youth.
• Provides backup coverage as needed.
• Collaborates with agency leaders and DBH in implementing the Zero Suicide initiative at TCMHS.
• Provides clinical consultation as needed to all clinical staff in regards to crisis situations.
• Works alongside treatment team to ensure consumer and family engagement in services.
• Completes clinical documentation in AVATAR within 72 hours of service provided which clearly reflect interventions provided and necessity of those interventions.
• Maintains knowledge of agency technology programs and/or systems needed to do the job and uses them effectively.
• Maintains required training and certifications.
• Meets agency productivity standards.
• Actively participates in staff meetings.
• Other duties and/or responsibilities may be assigned by supervisor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
• Master’s Degree required
• CPR/First Aid Certification
• Annual TB Testing
• Valid Driver’s license and state mandated minimum auto insurance required.
• 2-3 years of position-related experience required.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Prior mental health and/or substance use knowledge required.
• Strong knowledge of clinical best practices in behavioral health and Trauma Informed Care practices.
• Strong clinical assessment skills, terminology, diagnoses, and best practice knowledge required.
• Prior healthcare technology software experience preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
• The ability to drive to various locations locally as needed.