Jackson County Missouri Support Services Technician in Kansas City, Missouri
** The Detention Center is a 24/7 facility and vacancies to be filled may be in any of three different shifts
- Performs custodial duties at the Jackson County Detention Center, Regional Correctional Center, Community Justice Building and the Criminal Justice Center in accordance with the standard operating procedures for housekeeping.
- Assist in the washing, drying and folding of approximately 2800 pounds of laundry on a daily basis.
- Coordinates clothing exchange with inmates on a daily basis and replenishes clothing room stock and mends clothes using a sewing machine.
- The employee routinely monitors and directs the work of inmate workers.
- May be assigned to any of two shifts and may be assigned to work weekends
- This employee is on call 24/7 for emergencies
- Must have High School diploma/GED and, be able to lift 100 pounds
- Must be accessible during off duty hours by Department pager (subject to call (24/7) in during staff shortages and during facility emergencies
- Must submit/pass to a pre-employment drug and police background screen. BARGAINING UNIT POSITION