Jackson County Missouri Records Specialist in Kansas City, Missouri
**The Detention Center is a 24/7 facility and vacancies to be filled may be in any of four different shifts. Shifts are based on seniority.
- Team 1- Mon-Wed (Week-1) 0700-1900 and off Thurs-Sunday; (Week-2) Mon-Thurs 0700-1900 and off Fri-Sunday and the cycle repeats.
- Team 2 -Thurs-Sunday (Week-1) 0700-1900 and off Mon-Wed; (Week-2) Friday-Sun 0700-1900 and off Mon-Thurs
- Team 3 works 1900-0700 on the same days/cycle as Team 1
- Team 4 works 1900-0700 on the same days/cycle as team 2.
- Maintains individual inmate financial accounts.
- Responsible for handling cash and money orders; inputs and extracts data from the Department computer systems.
- Completes inmate processing by entering necessary data from inmates and maintains criminal records for the inmate population.
- Approves releases of inmates from custody based on review of commitment and release documents.
- Replies to telephone inquiries regarding inmate records.
- Must have five years of experience as a records clerk or related position, preferably Criminal Justice or related field.
- Must maintain a working telephone in his/her residence
- Must pass a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug test. BARGAINING UNIT POSITION