HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Mental Health Technician in Kansas City, Missouri
Do you have the career opportunities as a Mental Health Technician you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to joinResearch Psychiatric Centera facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with thesupport they need. At RPC weoffer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include: * Paid Personal Leave * Tuition Reimbursement * Student Loan Forgiveness * 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) * Identity Theft Protection discounts * Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options * Adoption Assistance * Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) We strive to provide the best possible care to our patients.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the RPC family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Mental Health Technician to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
The MHT provides care to these patients via therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the environmental/instrumentation, and other health care members. The MHT is a safety champion, milieu manager, and preceptor for new MHT’s. The MHT functions as a member of the therapeutic team within limits as designated by the policies and procedures of RPC.
About this unit:
- The Senior Adult Unit is an 18-bed unit that offers a specific inpatient treatment program for the geriatric population.
- We strive to set a safe patient to nurse ratio to accommodate the unit’s acuity and promote patient safety.
- We have rearranged our orientation process to help our new employees feel empowered and confident when they come to the floor.
- * Responsibilities:
- The MHT provides and documents on patient care and observes patient behaviors based on the nursing process, established hospital policies and procedures, unit specific policies and procedures, and/or Standards of Care/Practice.
- Assists in the coordination of nursing/psychiatric care provided in conjunction with the multidisciplinary treatment team.
Functions as a Safety Champion and Milieu Manager, serves on MHT Council.
High School Graduate or GED required.
- An Associates or Bachelors degree preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in BLS required upon hire and maintained.
- C.N.A preferred
- Prefer one year of inpatient psychiatric experience.
- Medical Terminology and clerical background preferred. For over 30 years Research Psychiatric Center has offered a complete range of acute inpatient, day treatment and community-based outpatient behavioral healthcare. In our 100-bed facility, we treat adolescents, adults and senior adults for emotional disorders, mental illness and substance abuse. HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses. You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Mental Health Technician like you to be a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Behavioral & Social Work
Title: Mental Health Technician
Location: Missouri-Kansas City-Research Psychiatric Center
Requisition ID: 09727-68158