The Grand Pavilion at the Plaza Rehabilitation and MDS Coordinator (RN) - Full-Time 1st Shift in Kansas City, Missouri
The MDS and CARE PLAN COORDINATOR oversees the patient care assessment and care plan process of each resident in accordance with all laws, regulations, and Company standards. Reports to Director of Nursing (DON).
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing nursing functions in the long-term care facility.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must have the ability to implement the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the Nursing department.
- Must be able to read current literature, talk with colleagues, continue education, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in the field.
- Must be able to relate information concerning residents’ conditions.
- Must be able to investigate and direct resident inquiries or complaints to appropriate medical staff members and follow up to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Must be able to collect and report data on topics such as resident encounters and inter-institutional problems, making recommendations for change when appropriate.
- Must be able to coordinate communication between residents, family members, medical staff, administrative staff, or regulatory agencies.
- Must understand and follow company policies, including harassment and complaint procedures.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to coordinate the timely development and completion of resident assessment (MDS). SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Education : Associate’s Degree (two year college or technical school)
Experience : Two to four years related experience Certificates and Licenses:
Must have an RN degree from accredited college (minimum ASN).
- Must be currently registered/licensed with applicable state.
- Achieved CCC certification (clinical compliance)
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtained during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.