Jackson County Missouri Inmate Services Coordinator in Kansas City, Missouri
- Interviews, counsels, assesses and interacts with inmates on a daily basis coordinating the collection, verification, assessment and chronological reporting of the inmates needs meeting the standards of the 12 Core Functions of Counseling.
- Documents all inmate data into the Objective Jail Classification System and other required systems providing documentation for liability and legal issues.
- Provides Counseling and referral services to each inmate facilitating referrals to special education, substance abuse, mental health, medical and other treatment programs within Jackson County Detention Center.
- Provides crisis counseling mediation activities, problem resolution and acts as a liaison between inmates, staff, legal representatives and coordinates referrals to community based assistance programs.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, social work, Criminal Justice, public administration or any related social behavioral sciences or human relations, is preferred.
- A combination of work experience with a minimum of four years in a correctional high risk setting or other related human services delivery experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and possess/maintain a valid driver's license.
- Must maintain sufficient physical dexterity to perform essential elements of the position.
- Must submit to/pass pre-employment drug screen/background check and motor vehicle record check. BARGAINING UNIT POSITION.