Children's Mercy Kansas City Emergency Nursing Services Care Tech in Kansas City, Missouri
Thanks for your interest in Children's Mercy!
Thank you for considering Children’s Mercy! Half a million times a year, a child comes to our doors. We take care of them all, fulfilling our non-profit mission. Joining the CM team means being a part of a caring environment where people are passionate about helping children get well. Whether clinical or non-clinical, we are all here for the same reason – our patients and their families! Read more below about this position and apply if you feel this organization and job are a fit for you.
The Emergency Nursing Services Technician performs a variety of supportive technical, clinical, and clerical tasks under the supervision of licensed nursing staff and as instructed by the Charge Nurse or Nursing Department Director. The Emergency Nursing Services Technician demonstrates commitment to providing safe and effective care .
At Children’s Mercy, we are committed to ensuring that everyone feels welcome within our walls. An effective candidate for this position will join us as we strive to create an organization that reflects the community we serve, as well as our core values of kindness, curiosity , inclusion , team, and integrity
Provides supportive patient care under the supervision of licensed nursing staff.
• Assists in the maintenance of a safe environment and promotes the efficiency of operations.
• Provides clerical assistance in the absence of a unit secretary.
• Attends education programs, unit meetings, and assigned committees. Participates in performance improvement activities.
• Shares responsibility for teaching and orientation of new personnel (within own skill level).
• HS diploma or equivalent and 1-2 years experience A minimum of one year experience working with children or families.
• Prefer Emergency Department or pediatric experience.
• CNA, required upon hire.
• If not a Certified Nursing Assistant (CAN), one of the following criteria must be met:
• Enrolled in a professional (BSN/AD) or practical (LPN) nursing education program and have successfully completed the fundamental is nursing course.
• Within the past three (3) years , was a professional (BSN/AD) or practical (LPN) nursing licensure candidate who failed to pass the state examination in any state.
• Worked as a nurse assistant, emergency medical technician (EMT), or surgical technician within the past three (3) years .
• Completed a UAP (unlicensed assistive personnel) program in Missouri or another state (that meets current regulatory requirements) within the past three (3) years .
• Completed a professional (BSN/AD) or practical (LPN) nursing program outside the United States and is awaiting the licensure examination in the country.
• Software Application Skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite)
Our pay ranges are market competitive. The pay range for this job begins at $15.39, but your offer will be determined based on your education and experience.
Children’s Mercy hires individuals based on their job skills, expertise and ability to maintain professional relationships with fellow employees, patients, parents and visitors. A personal interview, formal education and training, previous work experience, references and a criminal background investigation all are factors used to select the best candidates. The hospital does not discriminate against prospective or current employees based on the race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, creed, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry or veteran status. A drug screen will be performed upon hire. Children’s Mercy is smoke and tobacco free.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
CM is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. Our patients and families come from all walks of life, and so do we. We know that our greatest strengths come from the people who make up our team so we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our hospital stronger and our patient care more compassionate.
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for service, you will find a home at CM. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring, including education, ideas, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, languages spoken, veteran status, color, religion, disability and beliefs.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Learn about Children’s Mercy Benefits (https://jobs-childrensmercykc.icims.com/connect?back=intro&findajob=1&in_iframe=1&hashed=-625978159)
Requisition ID 2021-15279
Requisition Post Information* : Posted Date 2 weeks ago (6/3/2021 2:05 AM)
Posting Category Nursing
Division EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT
Shift Day shift
Work Type Part Time Benefit Elig (.6 or .7 FTE)
Work Days varies
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Location : NameCHILDREN'S MERCY KANSAS
Recruiter : Full Name: First Last Caroline Chapman-Magruder