HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director of Physician Services II in Kansas City, Missouri
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 280,000 people across more than 2,000 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment program, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician and practice management solution for HCA Healthcare. We lead a collection of highly motivated healthcare professionals just like you and creative leaders who are committed to excellence in every patient interaction. Are you excited yet?
Click Here to learn more on PSG.
_Position Summary:_ * In the role of Director of Physician Services (DPS), you will support PSG’s Mission, Vision, and Values as well as demonstrate the company’s code of conduct in all duties. * The DPS is a strategic leader who oversees and takes ownership of a clinical operations market with less than 50 providers (DPS I) or 51 or more providers (DPS II). * As DPS, you will provide support to hospital facilities operations management related to physicians, including primary care, specialists, and subspecialists who practice in hospital and outpatient settings. * Responsibilities include oversight of the operations, budget, and general management of a portfolio of practices within a defined geographic area or specialty. * As DPS, you will have strategic, ongoing communications and interactions with the relevant hospital division from both a strategic and tactical standpoint. * Building effective partnerships with hospital and operations team members is integral to success in this role. * This position also involves developing educational planning programs, allocating and assigning duties to managers and employees, and monitoring the activities and operations of all components of the market to ensure the market meets their objectives. * Provides leadership and ensures achievement of operational goals, including support of acquisition and divestiture related activities.
Note: The following is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties required of this position
- Demonstrates an uncompromising commitment to delivering exceptional care to create an unmatched value proposition for our patients.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and innovation, removes barriers and resistance, and enables desirable behavior.
- Partners with their supervisor and other PSG colleagues to develop new strategies and approaches for optimizing operations and partnerships with HCA hospital facilities.
- Collaborates effectively with Division service line leaders and hospital business development leaders. Proactively identifies practice/business development opportunities to increase market share.
- Meets regularly with physicians to review market strategy, financial performance and key performance indicators.
- Directs and manages strategic projects for areas such as patient flow, patient satisfaction, practice volume, billing and collections, service utilization, coding, physician and staff training.
_Operational Effectiveness and Efficiency_
- Leads and takes ownership of practice portfolio to achieve operations goals in collaboration with hospital partners. Acts as a strategic leader responsible for all results associated with his/her assigned market area.
- Has strategic and tactical operational responsibility for the business and clinical functions through administrative and clinical staff including providers, front desk, medical records, nursing, and ancillary services to ensure maximum utilization of resources and the efficient delivery of services of his or her assigned practices. These responsibilities include Human Resources responsibilities.
- Creates and maintains effective, polished, and intentional communications between all levels of personnel, including key hospital executives and team members. Uses templates effectively and customizes communications to meet the needs of hospital partners and team members. _Finance_
- Develops, implements and monitors practice budgets including analyzing financial impact of changes and forecasts, and expenditures. Recommends corrective action as required.
- Oversees the daily/monthly expenditures, staffing and overtime hours to ensure financial targets are met and/or exceeded.
- Manages HCA employed physician practices and ensure they are operated in accordance with Physician Services standards and policies.
- Analyzes the business and conducts audits to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Develops cost/benefit analyses of patient care services and equipment.
- Ensures that the practice staff follows all revenue cycle guidelines. _People_
- Leads and has direct supervisory responsibility for practice management team members and in some cases, other Directors of Physician Services.
- Recommends and supports professional development for staff in a proactive way.
- Provides consistent coaching and mentoring to team members.
- Has supervisory responsibility for physicians and practice staff. Meets regularly with constituents including but not limited to operations leadership, physicians and hospital administration to review practice strategy, market and division goals, financial performance and practice key indicators.
- Oversees physician recruiting and contracting in collaboration with other PSG colleagues.
- Evaluates employee and manager performance and provides appropriate guidance, professional development and feedback.
- Counsels, disciplines and/or recommends termination of employees as required. _Growth_
- Works with physicians and division leadership to provide innovative practice growth and quality solutions that will maintain and improve patient outcomes and satisfaction.
- Effectively and proactively manages relationships with all physicians in the market/portfolio, HCA Physician Services management and support teams to achieve market targets and develop innovative opportunities for growth. _Quality_
- Provides market-level oversight and direction to ensure that appropriate quality goals and measures are met.
- Supports the culture of patient safety and risk reduction through demonstrated leadership.
- Promotes consistent patient interactions that advance the agenda of increased patient satisfaction.
- Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement” and serves as a role model for practice employees.
- Displays consistent behavior that enhances the public image of the organization as evidenced by professionalism in interaction with peers, subordinates, customers (patients, families, physicians, vendors, etc.).
- Develops and oversees implementation and administration of internal operations policies and procedures in conjunction with Physician Services standard policies and procedures. Interprets applicable laws, rules and regulations and ensures the compliance of practice(s).
- Ensures compliance with and knowledge of the company’s Code of Conduct by all subordinates to ensure an ethical work environment. Also ensures regulatory compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience: * Bachelor’s Degree required, and Master’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience preferred. * Degree in health or business administration is also preferred. * CMPE completion is a plus. * 3 years of leadership experience in practice management of multiple locations. * 5 years of relevant clinical operations experience. * Effective working knowledge of healthcare financial management, operations, and strategy, specifically medical practice accounting, third party reimbursement issues, patient flow and facilities management. * Experience in practice management of multiple locations required. * Proven background with effectively managing multiple providers in multi-site, multi-specialty environments. * Participated in growth/onboarding of new physician practices, providers and staff. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Personal Characteristics: * Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with high effectiveness using multiple mediums, settings, and group sizes including making presentations in front of other key individuals. * Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, patients and the public. * Ability to think and act strategically in a proactive way. * Ability to take ownership of a market and act as a servant leader to ensure the success of the market and colleagues. * Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems and objectives. * Knowledge of fiscal management techniques. * Knowledge of health care administration systems. * Knowledge of governmental regulations and compliance requirements. * Ability to use various computer systems and applications. * Ability to plan, organize and supervise. * Ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment and problem-solving techniques in the decision- making process.
If you find this opportunity compelling,we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Director of Physician Services II
Location: Missouri-Kansas City-Midwest Women%27s Healthcare
Requisition ID: 20788-98147