Prime Healthcare CPT I - Phlebotomist - Clinical Lab in Kansas City, Missouri
St. Mary’s Medical Center, a 2020 Watson Health Top 100 Hospital, is a faith-based, 146-bed acute care facility providing a wide range of services, including 24-hour Emergency Department, Joint and Spine Institute, Surgical Services and outpatient services. St. Mary's Medical Center has provided high-quality compassionate care to the residents of Blue Springs and Eastern Jackson County for more than 30 years. St. Mary's, one of Kansas City’s best kept secrets, offers patients the best of both worlds--a warm, caring environment, close to home while providing the wide range of services and expertise typically found in much larger facilities.
The Phlebotomy Technician I primarily performs skin puncture or venipuncture on patients of all ages for the purpose of obtaining a blood specimen for analysis in the clinical laboratory and is under the supervision of Laboratory Director / Manager / Supervisor.
Int this role, you will:
1) performs computer data entry, filing, telephone communication and other clerical duties,
2) possesses adequate knowledge of the terminology of tests ordered in the laboratory,
3) demonstrates good communication skills and telephone etiquette in greeting patients and other visitors in a polite and friendly manner,
4) demonstrates proper phlebotomy technique and the use of equipment in collecting specimens from newborns to geriatric patients,
5) processes microbiology, immunology, hematology, coagulation, urinalysis, chemistry and blood bank specimens,
6) processes specimens for referral to reference laboratories,
7) stocks and orders routine supplies,
8) maintains the cleanliness of storage areas, trays, centrifuges, refrigerators, freezers and work areas,
9) processes or load specimens on automated laboratory instrumentation in accordance with established policy and procedures,
10) May be assist to Pick up samples at hospital/ OR, assist lab specialty in sorting out samples for analysis and put away samples, assist pathology, inventory, replenish supplies, order supplies, mail pick up/ delivery, faxing, answering phone, product deliveries, etc..
11) other tasks or responsibilities may be assigned by the department manager/director.
Education and Work Experience
High School Diploma, or equivalent, required.
Current BCLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
Minimum 1 year clinical laboratory experience preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migratedfiles/employers/posterscreenreaderoptimized.pdf
Name: St. Joseph Medical Center
Street: 1000 Carondelet Dr
Post End Date: 2/1/2021