HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Pharmacy Specialist in Kansas City, Missouri
Do you have the career opportunities as a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist in Medical/Surgical Intensive Care you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Research Medical Center a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At RMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- How we build better communities.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist in Medical/Surgical Intensive Care where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The Clinical Pharmacy Specialist is responsible for providing all levels of pharmacy clinical services. This includes monitoring patient medication regimens and providing appropriate interventions as well as supporting all aspects of pharmacy operations. A Clinical Pharmacy Specialist is also an expert in a particular specialty area, such as Critical Care, Oncology, Psychiatry, Informatics, etc.
About this unit:
- Our team is committed to patient safety, employee satisfaction, and above all else the care and improvement of human life.
- By joining our team you will have the opportunity to provide excellent pharmaceutical care in a rapidly growing acute care facility amidst an ever changing healthcare environment.
- The RMC Pharmacy Department services the needs of our inpatient, emergency room, surgical and outpatient oncology/infusion populations.
- Provides clinical service and drug information to patients, physicians, nurses, and other pharmacists.
- Provides clinical pharmacy services, promoting safe and rational use of medications to improve patient outcomes.
- Coordinates the delivery of clinical pharmaceutical care to assigned areas.
- Works closely with multidisciplinary team for a particular service, including daily rounds on patients and documentation of rounds in the pharmacy clinical intervention module.
- Assists in the training, education, and professional development of pharmacists, residents, students, technicians, nurses, and medical staff.
- Develops appropriate, safe and cost-effective drug therapy protocol/policies.
- Assists in medication formulary management and compliance.
- Is compliant with required classes and vaccinations by RMC; i.e., Code of Conduct, influenza vaccine and TB skin tests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What Qualifications You Will Need: * B.S. or PharmD from an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy, a Doctor of Pharmacy from an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy is preferred * At least one of the following: o Completion of hospital PGY1/pharmacy general practice residency or fellowship OR relevant hospital experience requiredo Completion of PGY2 specialty residency or fellowship highly preferred o Eligible for board certification. Board certification in pharmacotherapy (BCPS) or relevant specialty board certification as recognized by the Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS) required within 18 months of hire and maintained indefinitely thereafter o Other certification (e.g. FCCP, FASHP) preferred
Active pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate Missouri State Board of Pharmacy
Missouri Medications Therapy Management Certification
/At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life/. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, RMC embodies the mission and heart of HCA MidAmerica. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients’ health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties in our 590-bed facility.
Several of our renowned programs, including Level I Trauma, Sarah Cannon Cancer Care, Grossman Burn Center, Neuroscience Institute and Women’s Care Center, feature advanced technological resources used to diagnose and treat patients. Whether your healthcare needs are urgent and critical or simply routine and preventative, our advanced capabilities allow us to be one of the most comprehensive hospitals in the Kansas City region.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a /World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/ since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Clinical Pharmacy Specialist
Location: Missouri-Kansas City-Research Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09727-69551