HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Cardiac Cath Lab Technician in Kansas City, Missouri
_Research Medical Center__â€“__Kansas City, MO_ _Cardiac Cath Lab Technologist_
Founded more than 125 years ago by German physicians,Research Medical Centeris a 490-bed facility and has become one of the crown jewels in the HCA Midwest Health System. Located in the heart of Kansas City, Research Medical Center is among the only tertiary care centers serving Kansas City proper. Over the past century, this institution has built a tradition of serving residents in Kansas City and a 150-mile surrounding region with exceptional patient care and leading technology. Research Medical Center has completed more than $120 million in capital improvements, including new lobby and admitting areas, renovated and expanded Cancer Center and Womenâ€™s Care Unit, construction of all private patient rooms and doubling the Emergency Department.
Research Medical Centeris currently looking for aCardiac Cath Lab Technologist.
Under the general supervision of the Cath Lab Supervisor and the CV Services Director, the cardiac cath technologist, in cooperation with the physicians and nursing personnel assists with diagnostic and therapeutic invasive cardiology patient procedures in the catheterization labs.
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of radiographic imaging, patient physiologic monitoring and cardiac arrhythmias recognition. Complies with principles of sterile technique.
Collects and assembles data for database, outcome analysis and performance improvement.
Responsible to carry out any other activities assigned by the Cath Lab Supervisor or CV Services Director to assure the department runs effectively and efficiently.
The Cath Lab Tech is required to participate in the on-call rotation and is required to respond within 30 minutes to the Cath Lab when on call.
- Graduate of an accredited Radiology Technologist program or Invasive Cardiovascular Technology program required.
- Two years of experience in Cath lab may be substituted for completion of Radiology Technologist program or invasive cardiovascular technologist (CVT) program completion.
- Current BCLS certification required and maintained.
- ACLS certification required within 6 months of employment.
- Active RCIS (Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist) or RT licensure required. If a new Invasive CVT graduate, must attain credential within 1 year of eligibility date.
- One year experience in Cath lab, or equivalent clinical experience as part of educational program
- Equipment/Machine Skills: Basic equipment and machine skills preferred
- Preferred Skills: Knowledge of cardiac anatomy & physiology. Able to complete at six months a hemodynamic test and arrhythmia recognition test. Computer data entry.
Job: *Clinical Techs - CV Cath Lab Surg Vasc & Central Sterile
Title: Cardiac Cath Lab Technician
Location: Missouri-Kansas City-Research Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09727-53412