SSM Health RN-PCU in Jefferson City, Missouri
The Registered Nurse is responsible for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care and is accountable for the outcome of such care. Directs/oversees other licensed and unlicensed staff in the provision of patient care.
- Completes and documents a thorough and accurate assessment within two hours of admission performs reassessments per unit standards and patient status.
- Ensures that patient learning barriers and needs are assessed and incorporated into the plan of care developed for each patient including participating in multidisciplinary discharge planning.
- Demonstrates consistent use and compliance of written protocols and procedures to include medication administration, documentation, pain, restraint, etc. Demonstrates sound judgment in situations and effectively communicates with physicians and other disciplines.
- Meets discharge and ongoing patient educational needs related to treatment, procedures, disease process and medication follow up.
- Evaluates and documents patients’ progress for achievement of outcomes and effectively communicates this progress to appropriate caregivers.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current Missouri license as a Registered Nurse or Graduate Nurse eligible to take State Board exam for first time
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare provider certification/card or must obtain within 3 months of hire. Must complete PEARS (Pediatric Early Assessment Resuscitation and Stabilization) or PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) within first year of employment
About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Jefferson City
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City is a 167-bed, full-service community hospital located in Missouri's state capital. The hospital moved to a new, state-of-the-art building in November 2014. The hospital features a dedicated inpatient pediatric unit, a Wound Center and Outpatient Treatment Center. Other services offered at the hospital include emergency services, cardiology, orthopedic care, cancer care, outpatient surgical services, maternity care and women's health.
Req ID: 18006666
Primary Location: Missouri-Jefferson City-SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City (0011) 2505 Mission Drive Jefferson City, 65109
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 65109
Weekend Rotation: Full Time, 12 Hour Night
Normal work hours: Nursing
Job: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
Organization: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Jefferson City
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City (0011) 2505 Mission Drive Jefferson City, 65109