SSM Health RN - Family Birth Center in Jefferson City, Missouri
*Fulfill your calling at SSM Health. *
At SSM Health we know that being a nurse is more than a career, it is a calling. As an SSM Health nurse, you have responsibility to carry on a ministry our founding Sisters set forth more than 144 years ago by offering hope and healing to our patients and when you join our team, our sacred ministry is in your hands. Each one of us brings a special gift to our Mission, what will yours be?
Employees tell us that the environment at SSM Health feels more like a family. Employees are warm and friendly, they enjoy each other’s company, they care for one another and they share a passion for delivering exceptional patient care! * *
Join our exceptional team!
The Registered Nurse is responsible for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care and is accountable for the outcome of such care. Directs/oversees other licensed and unlicensed staff in the provision of patient care.
- Demonstrates use of critical thinking skills to plan patient care for each assigned patient or mother/baby couplet.
- Utilizes appropriate resources to implement or delegate individualized or family centered care.
- Evaluate and documents all nursing care given and modifies are as indicated.
- Educates mothers/family based on assessed needs and documents appropriately.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of and participates in hospital and unit annual goals.
- In a clinical resource and effectively supervises LPNs, Techs and CNAs.
- Promotes and maintains family friendly safe care environment.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current Missouri license as a Registered Nurse or Graduate Nurse eligible to take State Board exam for first time.
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare provider certification/card or must obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Knowledge and skills to provide patient care appropriate to the specific department. Ability to function effectively in stressful situations. Awareness of changing trends in nursing practice and ability to adapt, including knowledge of Missouri Nurse Practice Act.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing. Ability and willingness to rotate shifts and adjust to necessary schedule changes.
- Ability to work under supervision as well as ability to oversee others.
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Jefferson City –
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City is a 167-bed, full-service community hospital located in Missouri's state capital. The hospital moved to a new, state-of-the-art building in November 2014. The hospital features a dedicated inpatient pediatric unit, a Wound Center and Outpatient Treatment Center. Other services offered at the hospital include emergency services, cardiology, orthopedic care, cancer care, outpatient surgical services, maternity care and women's health.
Req ID: 18016111
Primary Location: Missouri-Jefferson City-SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City (0011) 2505 Mission Drive Jefferson City, 65109
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 65109
Weekend Rotation: Rotating Weekends
Normal work hours: Nursing
Job: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
Organization: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Jefferson City
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City (0011) 2505 Mission Drive Jefferson City, 65109