St. Mary's Good Samaritan MRI Technologist in Jefferson City, Missouri
Under general supervision and direction of the radiologist, the MRI Technologist is responsible for the coordination and performance of diagnostic magnetic resonance procedures as ordered by the physician. Provides assistance to the radiologist/physicians as requested with the technical factors involved in such ordered procedures.
- Demonstrates the philosophy of the sponsoring religious congregations, through the SSM Health Care System values, and tenets of integrated health care while providing leadership and demonstrating innovation within the health care ministry.
- Obtains adequate patient history, including possibility of pregnancy on females of childbearing age, allergies, and other contraindications. Accurately identifies the patient and verifies physicians orders.
- Assists radiologists by overseeing patient and machinery during evaluation/treatment. Must be able to apply first aid when needed including CPR (must hold current certification in BLS). Notifies proper personnel of any changes in the patient’s condition. Provides timely documentation of above procedures to be included in the patient’s medical record.
- Transports patients in a timely and safe manner, consistent with hospital policies. Utilizes appropriate method of transportation for patient’s condition.
- Proper operation of MRI equipment to obtain imaging of designated part of the body. That includes; adequate knowledge of cross sectional anatomy. Positions, attaches or adjusts immobilization and support devices to prevent motion, increase signal, and to improve patient comfort. Presents images of good quality on PACS for interpretation to the radiologists. Performs diagnostic magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) studies under the direction of the Medical Director and in accordance with hospital guidelines. Responsible for coordinating patient flow, operating all systems for routine and emergent studies, supporting protocol development, and performing all duties related to scanning image processing. Supports expedited patient throughput and diagnosis.
- Maintains good rapport and exercises diplomacy with patients, physicians, administrative and technical staff, peers, and ancillary personnel. Also participates in the education of patient and family members regarding procedures, reactions, etc.
- Proper preparation and administration of contrast material utilizing correct venipuncture techniques. Follows correct hospital procedures for delivering injection through various sites.
- Submits charges for procedures as consistent with department policy. Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition. Reports deficient supply stock to responsible party.
- Attends inservices, departmental and required SSM meetings. May be responsible for orienting and training of new personnel.
- Follows all hospital safety policies and practices regarding patient contact, drills, codes, and body mechanics/lifting techniques per The Joint Commission/OSHA.
- MRI technologist demonstrates knowledge of dealing with magnet ‘quench’ and associate/related MRI-specific emergencies.
- 24 month program in AMA approved school.
- ARRT (R)-American Registry of Radiologic Technologist- must be registered in modality within 1 year of hire date
- Minimum of one year MRI experience preferred
- CPR (American Heart Association)
*About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Jefferson City *
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City is a 167-bed, full-service community hospital located in Missouri's state capital. The hospital moved to a new, state-of-the-art building in November 2014. The hospital features a dedicated inpatient pediatric unit, a Wound Center and Outpatient Treatment Center. Other services offered at the hospital include emergency services, cardiology, orthopedic care, cancer care, outpatient surgical services, maternity care and women's health.
Organization: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Jefferson City
Primary Location: Missouri-Jefferson City-SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City (0011) 2505 Mission Drive Jefferson City, 65109
Job: Clinical Support & Technical Services
Req ID: 18012784