St. Mary's Good Samaritan ER Technician in Jefferson City, Missouri
The ER Technicican attends the Emergency Department nursing station, performs patient care, performs patient care activities and clerical tasks for the coordination of patient care needs under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Physician.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work under emotional and physical stress and also have a high level of interpersonal/communication skills in order to relate effectively to physicians, health center staff, clients, patients and their families.
- Professionally communicates to all members of the health care team and, when appropriate the patient’s significant others, including changes in the patient condition or status within the department.
- Provides assistance to meet patient needs by performing tasks such as answering call lights and providing comfort measures.
- Performs direct patient care tasks such as vital signs, EKG, phlebotomy, catheterizations, splinting, and BLS, also assisting in procedures such as pelvic examinations, suturing, and ENT procedures under the direction of the RN and / or Physician.
- Transports patients, specimens, and supplies in accordance to departmental and hospital standards.
- Accurately transcribes and processes written physician orders, requisitions and arranges for appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic services as ordered by the nurse or physician.
- High School diploma or GED
- Current Missouri CNA license or current Missouri EMT license or have completed Fundamentals of Nursing from an accredited RN School of Nursing
- Experience in direct patient care or relevant education or background in medical field which can be applied
*About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Jefferson City *
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City is a 167-bed, full- service community hospital located in Missouri's state capital. The hospital moved to a new, state-of-the-art building in November 2014. The hospital features a dedicated inpatient pediatric unit, a Wound Center and Outpatient Treatment Center. Other services offered at the hospital include emergency services, cardiology, orthopedic care, cancer care, outpatient surgical services, maternity care and women's health.
Organization: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Jefferson City
Primary Location: Missouri-Jefferson City-SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City (0011) 2505 Mission Drive Jefferson City, 65109
Job: Clinical Support & Technical Services
Req ID: 18006743