SSM Health Cardiographic Pacemaker Tech II in Jefferson City, Missouri
Performs prescribed non-invasive cardiovascular procedures and stress testing to patients; Performs pacemaker/ICD interrogation to identify normal and abnormal findings during the basic device interrogation; report all pertinent findings to the appropriate provider; additional duties include scheduling, explaining procedures to patients, detailed record keeping, and providing exceptional care to our patients. This practice includes dependent, interdependent and independent functions.
- Identifies normal and abnormal findings during pacemaker, ICD, and other device interrogations. Reviews and analyses the data from the implanted devices using specific programs; creates summaries ad reports of the findings and test results using knowledge and understanding of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures; report abnormal findings to the appropriate provider; make device changes as directed.
- Applies and removes ECG electrodes to patients; applies and removes Holter monitors to patients; gathering data from the devices as necessary; perform rhythm analysis
- Educate patient on the procedures & protocols while ensuring patient safety.
- May assist in stress tests by attaching electrodes to the patient from the ECG monitor for baselines readings and then monitoring patient’s heart while they exercise on a treadmill.
- Ability to use computers, office equipment and other medical equipment proficiently.
- Thoroughly documents patient information in an accurate and timely manner on the day of service, according to organizational policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Able to multi-task; prioritize work to provide effective, efficient care, within time constraints.
- Displays appropriate and conspicuous self-identification, including name and title, at all times.
- Have knowledge of and practice universal protocol and infection control standards at all times.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and follow all Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Protected Health Information (PHI) standards/protocol.
- Will perform Pulmonary Function tests (PFTs), External Enhanced Counter Pulsation (EECP) Therapy, and take vitals as well as other assignments as directed.
- Successful completion of a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Radiation Technologist (RT), or Respiratory Technician (RT) program. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Currently licensed/certified. Certified Cardiographic Technician (CCT) or Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES) or International Board of Heart Rhythm Examiners (IBHRE) certificate preferred; BLS; ACLS preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a clinical setting required; Two years’ cardiology knowledge and ECG experience preferred.
- Pacemaker / ICD device clinic or industry experience preferred; Must complete device interrogating and programming training within twelve (12) months of employment.
Req ID: 18010029
Primary Location: Missouri-Jefferson City-SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City (0011) 2505 Mission Drive Jefferson City, 65109
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 65109
Weekend Rotation: Full Time, 8 Hour Day
Normal work hours: Clinical Support & Technical Services
Job: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
Organization: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Jefferson City
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City (0011) 2505 Mission Drive Jefferson City, 65109