HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Student Respiratory Tech Noncertified PRN in Independence, Missouri
_Student Respiratory Tech PRN_ We have an exciting opportunity for you to joinCenterpoint Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At CPMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- o Paid Personal Leave o Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs o 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) o Identity Theft Protection discounts o Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options o Adoption Assistance o Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
How we build better communities.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Student Respiratory Tech where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
About this unit: * We have a culture of teamwork and inclusiveness. * This is a moderate sized unit with a small family feel. * Our leaders practice Servant Leadership. _Responsibilities:_ * Under the general direction of the Director/Supervisor or designee, performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures ordered by a physician. * Duties include medical gas administration, aerosol therapy, obtaining and analyzing blood specimens, performing patient testing, operating and maintaining various types of respiratory and cardiopulmonary equipment, assisting with cardiopulmonary resuscitation, providing patient education, monitoring equipment and patient response to therapy. * Additional responsibilities include completing patient documentation in the patient and departmental records, to include all computer based documentation. * Cleaning equipment and maintaining safety and infection control practices. * Accepting other job responsibilities as deemed reasonable by the Director/Supervisor or designee. * In this position, the RCP will_NOT_be providing mechanical ventilation or maintaining artificial airways.
- Currently enrolled in a Respiratory Therapy Program. Must Maintain at minimum a “C” average
- Student License with the State of Missouri within 60 days of hire date
- BLS required
- On-site clinical experience *Centerpoint Medical Center *features the following:
- Features 285 beds
- Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Services
- An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services
- Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine
- An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast Center with a nurse navigator
- Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries
- Women’s Services, including the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in eastern Jackson County to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and delivery unit
- Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.* * HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Student Respiratory Tech opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Clinical Techs - CV Cath Lab Surg Vasc & Central Sterile
Title: Student Respiratory Tech Noncertified PRN
Location: Missouri-Independence-Centerpoint Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09726-69639