HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse - Cardiac Cath Lab in Independence, Missouri
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Cath Lab RN today withCenterpoint Medical Center. At CPMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including: o Paid Personal Leave o 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) o Identity Theft Protection discounts o Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options o Adoption Assistance o Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse like you to be a part of our team.
The Life of an HCA Nurse
Cath Lab nurses are experts at providing compassionate care and preparing patients undergoing various cardiac procedures such as catheterization and angioplasty. They have high-level critical thinking skills, vast clinical knowledge, and are able to stay calm under pressure.
About this unit:
* Fast Paced, High Volume, CV Lab with 4 Lab areas
* 6 to 14 Patients per Day, Complexity of case growing
* Procedures done in the Cath Lab range from but not limited to diagnostic heart caths, interventional heart caths, TAVR, TMVR, watchman and cardiomems.
* Strong cohesive unit with experience. Dedicated to training and development for future career paths
* Provides direct patient care to the adult patient population.
* Administers medications and performs procedural documentation for all procedures performed in the cardiovascular lab.
* The RN may acquire abilities for the scrub position (as needed).
* Addresses the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care related to the surgical environment.
* Communicates with the physician continuously and as needed about patient condition.
* Assists with the maintenance of equipment and inventory. Assesses procedure room for equipment functioning and readiness.
* Obtains supplies for individual cases and ensures all appropriate needs of the Cardiovascular
* Laboratory team are met. * Monitors, positions and assists patient during procedure. * Participates in departmental performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Graduate from a school of nursing
- Current RN License or Multistate RN License from a participating compact state required.
- BCLS certification required.
- ACLS certification required within one year of hire date.
- 2 year experience in a catheterization lab or critical care nursing unit
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Call is required, must report to facility within 30 minutes of call time
The Centerpoint hospital features 285 beds, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients.
The award-winning Independence hospital has the area's most-awarded heart program. And with the ER Rapid Care, you receive a level of care completely tailored to the optimal experience for adults or children who are less sick and deserve rapid attention to their illness. And whether you’re embracing motherhood, seeking treatment for illness or maintaining wellness, our women's services are, too, tailored around you.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
/We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Interested in current and future Registered Nurse openings with Centerpoint Medical Center? Contact Johna Koelzer, Recruiter, at 816-401-3382 or email:Johna.Koelzer@hcahealthcare.comor come to our next Open House Recruitment event at the facility!
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse - Cardiac Cath Lab
Location: Missouri-Independence-Centerpoint Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09726-64450