HCA, Hospital Corporation of America OR Technician II in Independence, Missouri
_* $10,000 Sign-on Bonus for Qualified Candidates *_
Full-time Sunday - Thursdy 7p-7a, Call coverage required
Do you have the career opportunities as an OR Technician II you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to joinCenterpoint Medical Centera facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At CPMC weoffer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
o Student Loan Repayment
o Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
o Paid Personal Leave
o 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
o Identity Theft Protection discounts
o Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
o Adoption Assistance
o Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We strive to provide the best possible care to our patients.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as an OR Technician II where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The OR Techs assist surgeons and other medical professionals in hospital operating rooms and similar environments. Chiefly, they prepare patients, rooms and equipment for pending surgical procedures. They also assist during those procedures as part of a team of operating room professionals.
About this unit:
- 10 OR Suites, Level II Trauma Center
- 5000 Cases in a year; Specialties Include Orthopedics, Open heart and more!
- Strong Teamwork in a cohesive and fast paced environment
- Strong support system for development, growth opportunities and certifications!
- Assist the OR team in the care of patients, equipment and supplies.
- The CORT/ORT in department 701 Surgery provides care for pediatric/child patients between 6 months to 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
- Donning OR Attire, gown and gloves; gathers, checks and open supplies
- Perform surgical scrub, set up sterile back table and may stand
- Participates in all instrument and sharps and sponge counts
- Assists with sterile donning of gown and gloves, Assists with draping the patient and establishing a sterile field
- Participates in the surgical site verification during the time out, secures tubing, cords and other sterile accessories
- Prepares and anticipates additional instrumentation, equipment and supplies as needed
- Anticipates the needs of the surgeon by passing instruments and supplies to the surgeon during procedure
- Measures and passes medications, hemostatic agents and irrigation solutions utilized during the surgical procedure
- Injection of local anesthetics
- Holds retractors or instruments as directed by the surgeon
- Coordinates the camera or changes out robotic arms/instruments during the endoscopic surgery as directed
- Prepares sterile dressings and /or immobilization devices
- Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization
Participates in debriefing, Assists in terminal cleaning and prepping the room for next case
Graduate from a surgical tech training program OR three years recent experience as an surgical tech
While experience is preferred
Current BLS certification required.
Applicant must be competent to perform in a minimum of three OR specialty areas, one of which must be Neuro, or Cardio/Thoracic. Specialty areas are defined as Cardio/Thoracic, ENT, Neuro, Ortho and Vascular.
The Centerpoint hospital features 285 beds, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients.
The award-winning Independence hospital has the area's most-awarded heart program. And with the ER Rapid Care, you receive a level of care completely tailored to the optimal experience for adults or children who are less sick and deserve rapid attention to their illness. And whether you’re embracing motherhood, seeking treatment for illness or maintaining wellness, our women's services are, too, tailored around you.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our OR Technician II opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Clinical Techs - CV Cath Lab Surg Vasc & Central Sterile
Title: OR Technician II
Location: Missouri-Independence-Centerpoint Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09726-70089