HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Technologist ASCP Lead in Independence, Missouri
Do you have the career opportunities as a Lead Med Tech you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to joinCenterpoint Medical Centera facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
At CPMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with someunique benefitsincluding: o Paid Personal Leave o 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) o Identity Theft Protection discounts o Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options o Adoption Assistance o Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) Great healthcare starts with compassion.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Lead Med Tech where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
About this unit: * The culture throughout the entire hospital is team and patient focused. * Everyone on the team are motivated and leadership is committed to mentoring through career mapping for educational and personal success. * Patient safety and satisfaction are our number one priority. * * Responsibilities:
- Under the general supervision of the Laboratory Director, provides technical leadership and oversight for the personnel in the laboratory.
- Plans and coordinates daily activities for laboratory personnel.
- Provides documentation and makes recommendations to the manager for performance evaluations and/or disciplinary action of section/laboratory employees.
- Demonstrates excellent technical skills in all areas, including phlebotomy. Performs preanalytic, analytic, and post-analytic testing responsibilities.
- Investigates technical, instrumental, and/or physiologic causes of unexpected test results.
- Monitors quality control and inventory of supplies and reagents. Maintains a safe work area.
- Demonstrates professional work habits and interpersonal skills.
- Participates in performance improvement activities, evaluation of new test methodologies/instrumentation, and management of laboratory data.
- Correlates abnormal laboratory data with pathologic states to determine validity and/or whether follow-up tests should be performed; assists with the orientation and training of LST, LTA, CLT, MLT, MT Non-registered, and MT Registered employees.
- Assists lab managers in other tasks as requested.
What Qualifications You Will Need: * Bachelor degree in medical technology or related science required OR Bachelor degree and certification in subspecialty * MT(ASCP), CLS(NCA), or as appropriate, BB(ASCP), C(ASCP), I(ASCP), H(ASCP), or M(ASCP) certification or equivalent required or must obtain ASCP certification within first 180 days of employment. * A minimum of 3 years experience in an accredited laboratory required and 2 years experience in the technical area preferred. Hospital laboratory and supervisory experience preferred. The Centerpoint hospital features 285 beds, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients.
The award-winning Independence hospital has the area's most-awarded heart program. And with the ER Rapid Care, you receive a level of care completely tailored to the optimal experience for adults or children who are less sick and deserve rapid attention to their illness. And whether you’re embracing motherhood, seeking treatment for illness or maintaining wellness, our women's services are, too, tailored around you.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Lead Med Tech opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: Medical Technologist ASCP Lead
Location: Missouri-Independence-Centerpoint Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09726-67239