HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Licensed Practical Nurse - Acute Rehab in Independence, Missouri
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Licensed Practical Nurse today withCenterpoint Medical Center.
At CPMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
o Student Loan Repayment
o Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
o Paid Personal Leave
o 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
o Identity Theft Protection discounts
o Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
o Adoption Assistance
o Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
The Life of an HCA Nurse
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Inpatient Rehabilitation LPN like you to be a part of our team.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse (LVN/LPN) coordinates and delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services. In collaboration with the RN and other members of the care team, the LVN/LPN provides individualized, comprehensive, and compassionate care in accordance with the nature and specific requirements of the department, and consistent with the scope and standards of practice for the relevant state and specialty.
About this unit:
16 Bed Unit, Inpatient Rehab Unit
30 to 40 new patients on average per month; Length of stay is 10 to 14 days
Variety of patients that meet criteria for medial management including Stroke, Traumatic and Non-Traumatic brain injuries, Ortho patients and more!
Close Knit, Team Oriented Unit with High expectations and accountability; Specialized training and education for rehab specific documentation
Unit is in Top 10% of all facilities on PEM score (Quality Metrics)!
- Collects data and performs focused nursing assessments of the health status of patients.
- Provides direct, evidence-based nursing care of assigned patients as directed by the physician or RN. Assists with procedures, monitoring, or other functions as directed.
- Performs lab and procedural tests within the LVN/LPN scope of practice, after demonstraining compentency.
- Inserts and maintains, IVs, after meeting training requirements and demonstrating compentecy.
- Adminsters prescribed medications to patients in accordance with hospital policies and practice guidelines. Monitors patient for therapeutic response. Notifies provider and intervenes as appropriate in the event of an unintended response to medication.
- Identifies potential nursing problems/changes in patient status, informing appropriate team members.
- Escalates situations requiring care beyond the scope or practice of an LVN/LPN.
- Reinforces education for patient and family based on the individual needs of the customer.
- Documents the administration of care in the patient medical record in a timely and thorough manner.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the principles of patient privacy and security of protected health information.
- Provides for the smooth processing of patients into and out of the department.
- Provides accurate and pertinent patient information reports to the RN or CNC and to the oncoming shift to ensure continuity of care.
- Serves as a resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
- Provides and ensures patient safety at all times.
Facilitates the management of the day's scheduled cases.
Graduate of Vocational Nursing School Required
- Currently licensed as a vocational nurse or practical nurse in the state(s) of practice, in accordance with law and regulation required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) preferred
The Centerpoint hospital features 285 beds, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients.
The award-winning Independence hospital has the area's most-awarded heart program. And with the ER Rapid Care, you receive a level of care completely tailored to the optimal experience for adults or children who are less sick and deserve rapid attention to their illness. And whether you’re embracing motherhood, seeking treatment for illness or maintaining wellness, our women's services are, too, tailored around you.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a /World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/ since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately for our Inpatient Rehab Registered Nurse opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Licensed Practical Nurse - Acute Rehab
Location: Missouri-Independence-Centerpoint Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09726-69948