SSM Health RN - Inpatient Case Manager - Weekends in Fenton, Missouri
Evaluates insurance coverage while managing the utilization review process from admission to discharge. Completes and updates medical records pertaining to case management and authorizations. This position
participates in a multidisciplinary palliative care team.
- Joins with treatment team in reviewing comprehensive patient/ family treatment plan.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care professional regarding patient plan of care and intermediate care goals within proposed time line.
- Reviews and evaluates discharge planning on all clients while scheduling follow-up appointments.
- Evaluates insurance coverage for optimal use of benefits while managing the utilization process from admission to discharge.
- Interviews patient / family members, obtain a complete initial social history including financial information, and communicate with external case managers to receive authorization of payment.
- Performs all other duties according to entity policies/procedures as assigned.
- Associate Degree or Diploma School Program
- Required -State of Missouri Nursing License; Preferred – BSN and UR, QA, or CM certification
- 1 to 3 years of experience
* SSM Health St. Clare Hospital – Fenton –*
SSM Health St. Clare Hospital - Fenton is a full-service, 174-bed state-of-the-art hospital, designed to provide exceptional, patient-centered care. The St. Clare Hospital - Fenton campus – complete with heart, neurosciences and cancer care services; an ambulatory surgery center, outpatient procedure center, outpatient diagnostic center and medical office building – serves the needs of a rapidly expanding population in southwest St. Louis County.
*Benefits Statement: *
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Req ID: 18012546
Primary Location: Missouri-Fenton-SSM Health St. Clare Hospital – Fenton
SSM Health St. Clare Hospital – Fenton (0113) 1055 Bowles Avenue Fenton, 63026
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 63026
Weekend Rotation: Part Time (Not Benefit Eligible)
Normal work hours: Nursing
Job: SSM Health St. Clare Hospital – Fenton
Organization: SSM Health St. Clare Hospital – Fenton
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Clare Hospital – Fenton (0113) 1055 Bowles Avenue Fenton, 63026