St. Mary's Good Samaritan Physician Assistant - St. Clare Orthopedic in Fenton, Missouri
SSM Health Medical Group - St. Louis, MO has an opportunity for an experienced Orthopedic Physician Assistant to join a busy practice in Fenton, MO. The general orthopedic practice has experienced rapid growth and market demand, creating the need for an additional advanced practice provider. The new Physician Assistant will work at our clinic Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Role Purpose:Creates an environment that leads to a positive patient care experience by assessing, planning. Implementing and evaluating care of patients under the guidance of a physician. Develops and implements the strategy to meet the clinical and educational goals of the department.
- Demonstrates and provides professional nursing care to specialty patients requiring an advanced level of knowledge and management of their nursing care.
- Initiates and provides medical interventions in response to acute changes in patient conditions.
- Provides educational services to nursing and ancillary departments and serves as an educational consultant on clinical practice issues.
- Applies evidence based practices to achieve multidisciplinary collaboration to facilitate continuity of care.
- Contributes to the satisfaction of the medical staff by collaborating with physicians to deliver best care.
- Recognizes and utilizes opportunities to act as a change agent by introducing nursing practice innovations.
- Evaluates nursing practices associated with specialty area, defines needs/problems with patient care and makes constructive suggestions that creates a positive patient outcome.
Must be Certified in Specialty
Minimum of 2-4 years of Orthopedic Experience
- Master’s Degree
Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 12 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 12 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 12 hours a day
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper operation
Organization: SSM Health Medical Group Business Office
Primary Location: Missouri-Fenton-SSM Health St. Clare Hospital – Fenton
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Clare Hospital – Fenton (0113) 1055 Bowles Avenue Fenton, 63026
Job: Professional Services
Req ID: 18017959