SSM Health Pharmacy Technician in Fenton, Missouri
Supports the overall positive patient experience by assuring medications are available. Under supervision by the pharmacists maintains proper operation of the automated dispensing system in addition to performing the duties of the pharmacy technician(packaging, preparing IV fluids, stocking of the nursing units). Oversees day to day technician workflow/schedules.
- Creates caring and friendly work environment when communicating with co-workers and customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to process assigned duties and work independently in an efficient and organized manner.
- Ability to identify emerging issues and communicate them to management in an attempt to provide patient and/or physician satisfaction.
- Maintains and addresses any safety concerns in the department in order to provide patient/employee safety.
- High school diploma, specialized training in Pharmacy technician skills (minimum 6 month course)
- Certification as a Pharmacy Technician by the Missouri Board of Pharmacy
- 1-3 years Hospital Pharmacy experience
- Oral and written communication skills to provide information to Physicians, Nursing, and the Pharmacy staff.
SSM Health St. Clare – Fenton –
SSM Health St. Clare Hospital - Fenton is a full-service, 154-bed state-of-the-art hospital, designed to provide exceptional, patient-centered care. The St. Clare Hospital - Fenton campus – complete with heart, neurosciences and cancer care services; an ambulatory surgery center, outpatient procedure center, outpatient diagnostic center and medical office building – serves the needs of a rapidly expanding population in southwest St. Louis County.
*Benefits Statement: *
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Req ID: 18010352
Primary Location: Missouri-Fenton-SSM Health St. Clare Hospital – Fenton
SSM Health St. Clare Hospital – Fenton (0113) 1055 Bowles Avenue Fenton, 63026
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 63026
Weekend Rotation: Full Time, Days
Normal work hours: Professional Services
Job: SSM Health St. Clare Hospital – Fenton
Organization: SSM Health St. Clare Hospital – Fenton
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Clare Hospital – Fenton (0113) 1055 Bowles Avenue Fenton, 63026