Cigna Employee Assistance Consultant - EAP in Fenton, Missouri
Take your skills and career to the next level, while you make a difference in the lives of our EAP clients by providing expert organizational support.
This is a great opportunity if you’ve been interested in working with client leadership. It’s a position that can be a stepping-stone to other roles with this focus.
As an EAP EAC, you’ll work directly with
client contacts to help them problem-solve workplace issues and respond to crisis incidents that affect their workforce.
The EAC plays a critical role in helping managers, human resources professionals, and other high-level company personnel decide how to respond to workplace situations that may be confusing, stressful, or dangerous.
The focus of a management consultation might be a suicidal employee. You may be responding to behavioral needs in the wake of a natural disaster or shooting. It may be a challenging employee performance issue or giving language to address an employee’s personal hygiene. The range of diverse concerns provides an opportunity to apply your clinical expertise and customer support experience on a daily basis.
• Provides consultation to client company members at all levels regarding workplace concerns. Consultation may focus on specific employee issues related to job performance problems as well.
• Facilitates referrals from company managers and follows the appropriate Cigna Behavioral Health and/or client company protocol for EAP referrals based on job performance decline, positive alcohol/drug screens, drug free workplace policies, and/or federal mandates for employees covered under Department of Transportation regulations.
• Consults with managers regarding policy implications, positioning and interface with EAP.
• Facilitates critical incident response by consulting with requesting manager and direct service providers to arrange appropriate clinical services, including onsite services.
• Responds immediately to crisis calls, provide crisis assessment and intervention.
• Uses continuous collaboration consultation on cases to ensure quality service delivery.
• Provides clinical review with EAP providers. Educates EAP providers regarding Cigna EAP protocols and expectations and monitors compliance to standards.
• Responds to service delivery concerns and complaints.
Master’s degree in clinical or counseling field.
Current licensure to practice as an independent mental health professional in the state of employment (LICSW, LMFT, LPC, LADC, psychiatric RN or licensed psychologist).
CEAP required to obtain within 2 years of employment.
EAP experience strongly preferred, but not required.
Training and experience in chemical dependency preferred.
Minimum of 4 years post-masters clinical experience and a demonstrated understanding of multiple therapeutic modalities, including brief therapy, substance abuse approaches, and managed care.
Thorough knowledge of current principles and practices in employee assistance field.
Excellent communication, organizational and consultative skills.
Knowledge and experience in crisis management.
Customer service orientation and experience.
Demonstrated assessment and diagnostic skills.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.