CSL Plasma Paramedic or Nurse - LPN, LVN or RN in Columbia, Missouri
With operations in 35+ nations and 27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring (http://www.cslbehring.com) is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma (http://www.cslplasma.com/careers) , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
• Under general supervision, responsible for evaluating donor suitability for automated pheresis procedures
• Provides limited emergency medical care to donors and staff including administering medication or treatments in accordance with licensure or certification
• Interviews donors and performs medical history reviews to obtain necessary information to determine suitability to donate plasma
• In conjunction with the Center Medical Director, responds to medically related questions and provides information to staff on donor suitability
• Reviews test results and determines continued donor suitability; assesses donor symptoms that may result in the inability to continue donating
• Notifies and counsels donors regarding reactive test results; refers donors to community facilities for follow-up and counseling
• Provides routine care following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); escalates critical medical situations to Center Physician or local medical service providers as required
• Graduation from a paramedic, nursing, physician assistant, chiropractic, medical school or naturopathic medical training program
• If graduation is from a foreign allopathic or osteopathic medical school, must also currently be licensed as a physician or state certification as an emergency medical technician
• For NY: current state licensure or certification as an RN, MD or DO in the state you are applying for work or in a reciprocal state
• Minimum of one (1) year relevant experience in a health care environment
• Experience in a plasma or whole blood collection center or other regulated environment preferred
• Ability to make and analyze a physical assessment of heart, lung sounds, signs of drug use, etc.
Different qualifications or responsibilities may apply based on local legal and/or educational requirements. Refer to local job documentation where applicable.
Worker Sub Type:
CSL makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable US federal, state or local law. CSL complies with all applicable employment laws, including but not limited to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the Immigration Reform and Control Act. https://www.cslbehring.com/careers/eeo-statement