HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Lab Tech Registered in Belton, Missouri
_up to $20,000 Sign-on Bonus for Qualified Candidates_
Do you have the career opportunities as a Medical Lab Tech you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to joinBelton Regional Medical Centera facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At BRMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
o Paid Personal Leave
o Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
o 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
o Identity Theft Protection discounts
o Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
o Adoption Assistance
o Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our Mission and Values
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Medical Lab Tech where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your nextopportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Accurate Laboratory work is essential to ensure patients get the right diagnoses and treatments. Medical Technologist performs moderate and high complexity testing on blood and bodily fluids as defined by CLIA 1988.
- Under the general supervision of the Director/Section Manager/Operations Manager/Lead Technologist performs preanalytic testing responsibilities including clerical duties, date entry, and specimen processing.
- • Performs moderate complexity and high complexity testing on blood and body fluids as defined by CLIA 1988.Performs post analytic testing responsibilities including test reporting, verification, investigation of technical, instrumental, and/or physiologic causes of unexpected test results. Monitors quality control. Maintains inventory of supplies and reagents.
- Maintains non-analytic equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, and centrifuges.
- Maintains a safe work area.
- Demonstrates professional work habits, interpersonal skills and great customer service.
- Participates in performance improvement activities, evaluation of new test methodologies/instrumentation, and management of laboratory data.
- Correlates abnormal laboratory data with pathologic states to determine validity and/or whether follow-up tests should be performed.
- Teaches theory and procedures using educational methodology to clinical laboratory science (medical technology) students. Assists with the orientation and training of LTA, LTA, LSC, CLT/MLT, MT Non-registered, and CLS/MT Registered employees.
- The Medical Technologist analyzes and interprets testing for birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 to 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
Performs other duties as assigned.Behavior demonstrates understanding and adherence to Belton Regional Medical Center’s ICARE values: o Perform all daily activities withINTEGRITY o ShowCOMPASSIONin all interactions o ALWAYSdeliver the highest level of patient care and customer satisfaction, every time o ExhibitRESPECTto self and others o Work to achieve the highest standards ofEXCELLENCE
Associates Degree in laboratory science or related science required. OR Associates Degree with sufficient Biology and Chemistry coursework required.
- MLT (ASCP), CLT (NCA) or equivalent certification required OR registry/certification eligible. Registry/certification must be obtained within 1 year of hire.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in accredited lab setting preferred
Since 1984, our mission has been to provide the citizens of southern Jackson County and northern Cass counties access to important health resources. To meet the growing medical needs of our community, we underwent a $39.2 Million Dollar renovation. Today, we offer a full range of inpatient and outpatient services, Supported by our excellent staff, advanced technology, and deep relationships within our community. BRMC is a 70 bed facility with over 300 staff members and over 260 physicians.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our MLT opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
Title: Medical Lab Tech Registered
Location: Missouri-Belton-Belton Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09728-71678